Science education provides the foundations for understanding the world through the specific disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics. Science has changed our lives and it is vital to the world's future prosperity, and all pupils should be taught essential aspects of the knowledge, methods, processes and uses of science. High quality science teaching gives children the opportunity, amongst others, to investigate, question, observe, research and understand the world in which they live.
Aims and Objectives
At Chaddesley we aim to inspire all children to reach their full potential. In science this means ensuring a curriculum that is fully inclusive of all children which:
1. Develops children's enjoyment and interest in science and an appreciation of its contribution to all aspects of everyday life.
2. Builds on children's curiosity and sense of awe of the natural world.
3. Uses a planned range of investigations and practical activities to give children a greater understanding of the concepts and knowledge of science.
4. Introduces children to the language and vocabulary of science.
5. Develops children's practical skills and their ability to make accurate and appropriate measurements.
6. Develops children's use of ICT in their science studies.
7. Extends the learning environment for our pupils via the use of our environmental areas and the locality.
8. Promotes a healthy lifestyle.